Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Conversations with Aidan

At the dinner table last night...
Me (to Darren): My plan is to clean up dinner, feed Kiersten, then go to Target, the mall & Toys R'Us.
Aidan: My plan is to go eat ice cream and (pause) that's it.

In the car today...
Aidan: Mom, how fast are you going?
Me: 37
Aidan: Why? The sign says you can 4-5
Me: I know but I am stuck behind a slow car
Aidan: Why are they going slow?
Me (trying to end the never-ending why questions): I don't know. I can't see into their head to know what they are thinking. Can you see into my head to know what I am thinking?
Aidan: Yes
Me: What am I thinking?
Aidan: I wish that car in front of us would go faster.

4 comments:

Debra said...

Oh my goodness! That is too funny - We can't wait to see Aidan tomorrow!

Missi said...

LOL! keep em coming!! I love 'Aidan stories.' :) we tell the one about him running up to the quaker oat container in every room we're in. :)

Jenna said...

Too funny!! Love the car conversation, made me laugh. ;)

Tricia Hoffmann said...

Sometimes I wonder how my mom ever did it and remained sane! We get those questions too but most of the time they are completely ridiculous. Glad to hear Aidan is already reading the minds of women :)